If you could be anything - what would it be? If you could get up tomorrow with the training and knowledge to do anything - what would you choose to do? I've thought about this before and there are several ideas that sound interesting to me.
I have always thought it would be nifty to be a radio disk jockey. I just like the idea of being a dj. I guess it stems from all those years of watching WKRP in Cincinnati and Frasier. I would want to be a hostess of an 80's hour at least. Yeah, I will always be a big haired 80's girl no matter how old I get.
Another career that intrigues me is a romance novelist. My niece bought me a book on how to get started writing romance, but it's not easy to get started. I am kind of drawn to the idea right now of writing teen romance that also deals with self esteem issues. This is a path that doesn't have to be a dream. I only need a pencil and a notebook.
I would like to be an OB nurse. The thoughts of being there as a new life is brought into this world sounds amazing. I don't think I would want to be the doctor - too much pressure and they usually aren't there through the whole labor process but the nurses are.
I would love to have my own craft supply store - you know with yarns and fabric, paints, scrapbook supplies. I would have all sorts of classes and perhaps a group where knitters or crocheters could gather at my store and sit together and fellowship and spend time with people who have the same hobby. I would call it "KnitWits". Yeah, I've pondered it just a bit. *big grin*
I know they aren't that out of reach, but actually doing it - actually getting up the nerve to make a change in the current path that I am on is really scary. I guess dreaming about it is all I'm ready to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment