As I was driving home last night I kept seeing little white things getting blown by the wind. There wasn't a bunch of them, so I just figured it was trash that the wind had picked up. By the time I got home I realized that it was snow! Now, it wasn't a lot but you could see it in your headlights.
When I got up this morning I discovered that it had continued to flurry and there was snow on my car and on the grass. As I drove on into work I figured I would see it here and there in protected areas where the wind wouldn't blow it away. Nope - there was more in town! As a matter of fact, it went from those fine little flakes to some fat, feather-like flakes. I had to stand outside and let them kiss me on the cheeks before I went into the office.
I don't remember it doing this so early. I can remember a Halloween or two where we had flurries, but that still seems so far away! Yeah, I know it's just a few days but it still seems a lot longer. This year has really gone by fast for me. I guess because we spend almost all of our free time helping out at the in-laws. That's not a bad thing, it's just all the weeks tend to run together, you know?
I'm having lunch with my favorite sister today and her dearest friend, Eileen. Eileen and Donna were roommates in college when mom was pregnant with me. Rumor has it that they were a bit overwhelmed at the thoughts of Mom still "doing it" at the old age of 38. HA!! Kinda funny now! Eileen has been like another big sister to me. She was that sister that you could act naughty around and talk about stuff with - especially when you were too embarrassed to talk to your actual sister. I'm over that now - I tell my sister WAY too much now she tells me.
No comments:
Post a Comment