Tonight I made a pie, an apple pie to be exact, from almost scratch. What does almost scratch mean? It means I don't make pie crust so I got the rolled up kind. It's hard to beat that stuff. I overestimated how many apples I needed to cut up so I had enough apples leftover to make a freeform type of apple pie using an extra rolled crust. I put it in a small corningware pan and put the apples in the middle of the crust. I then pulled the edges up and kinda just folded them so the top was open. I should've taken a photo - it looked pretty nifty. I might just do it that way from now on.
Why did I make a pie? Tomorrow is Ed's boss' birthday and thought it would be nice to take him in a treat. So I was asked by my cutie to make a pie. It kind of tickled me that he would ask me to do it for him. I know, that's kinda dorky but it made me feel special. I've not made made a pie for years - usually a Mrs. Smiths pie works just fine for me. It was fun.
I'm sitting in the living room with Top Design on in the background and my weimaraner, Bailey, just started growling in his sleep. He doesn't growl often when he's awake, so it makes me wonder what he is chasing or whom he is protecting in dreamland. Bailey's birthday is Friday. He will be 5. He loves his pillow.

We got him from a rescue group when he was about 15 months old. He's a sweet dog but a little hard to train. When he was a puppy he was bitten by an adult dog and part of his skull was punctured. Our vet believes this caused some damage - which explains why his sight is kind of poor and his short term memory has holes. But we love our special dog. His prior owners must've not been really good to him. He is extremely scared of brooms, hangers, and anything that looks like a stick. With the short term memory thing, he does get frustrating at times, but there's no need to beat. That's all I'm saying.
Why did I make a pie? Tomorrow is Ed's boss' birthday and thought it would be nice to take him in a treat. So I was asked by my cutie to make a pie. It kind of tickled me that he would ask me to do it for him. I know, that's kinda dorky but it made me feel special. I've not made made a pie for years - usually a Mrs. Smiths pie works just fine for me. It was fun.
I'm sitting in the living room with Top Design on in the background and my weimaraner, Bailey, just started growling in his sleep. He doesn't growl often when he's awake, so it makes me wonder what he is chasing or whom he is protecting in dreamland. Bailey's birthday is Friday. He will be 5. He loves his pillow.

We got him from a rescue group when he was about 15 months old. He's a sweet dog but a little hard to train. When he was a puppy he was bitten by an adult dog and part of his skull was punctured. Our vet believes this caused some damage - which explains why his sight is kind of poor and his short term memory has holes. But we love our special dog. His prior owners must've not been really good to him. He is extremely scared of brooms, hangers, and anything that looks like a stick. With the short term memory thing, he does get frustrating at times, but there's no need to beat. That's all I'm saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment