Monday, October 27, 2008

Judgement house & Leaves

It's getting to feel like fall out there! I am watching the leaves blow by my window and think they are pretty neat. I can remember walking in the fall when I was little and loving the noise the leaves made and you stomped or shuffled through them. If you wandered through the woods this time of year you would be surrounded by the "ssshhhh ssshhhh" noise of your feet. I have no idea how deer hunters or even the deer manage to walk quietly through it!

We've started the judgement house presentation at our church yesterday. The first night is always the hardest they tell me. People are still nervous about their lines and making sure the timing is right on getting the groups spaced apart far enough but maintaining the schedule. We had 12 groups go through last night and each group was about 20-30 people. Pretty nifty.

I was a runner last night where I ran the names to the prayer room so each participant as well as each person working would be covered with prayer. Sounds easy but with the play going on all over the building - there was no direct route to the prayer room - so there was lots of stairs in my afternoon. Then I took a turn at the sound board for a room. I only messed it up once and it was only slightly off cue. That's what I'm doing tonight as well - the sound board, not the running.

Then for 3 nights I'm a guide. I will be the group leader, so to speak, where I guide them from scene to scene and set up the scene outside before we go inside the rooms. If you've never been - I highly recommend attending one. They are put on all over and not just this time of year. I think the website has a way to look for one near you. http://www.judgementhouse.org/

I've enjoyed getting to know people from the church better with this. You know them enough to speak and say hello, but when you work on a project like this you get to know them as people and their stories. And you find out that some of them know of you and your situations (read that as my quest in infertility) and have lifted you up. And they truly care about you and want you to know. It's humbling really. I feel like I need to keep a notebook with me so I can be recording people and situations that I want to lift up in prayer but have the memory of a gnat with ADD and forget easily.

I hope you enjoy your fall day and get a chance to crunch leaves and enjoy being outside.

No comments: