Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Elections

Well, I went and voted. I walked straight in at 9:45 and had my "I voted" sticker in hand within five minutes. I was fairly prepared on who I wanted to vote for. I just couldn't get excited about this one. There were things about both of the presidential candidates that I liked and there were things about each that I really didn't like. So, I ended up voting for the one I disliked the less things about.

There was one state race that got on my last nerve and I wish I didn't have to choose between the two of them. Their campaign was nothing but telling me what the other guy did or did not do right. That's not what I want to know - I want to know what my candidate is going to do for me if he wins.

My voting precienct is in the gymnasium of my elementary school. I don't care that it has been used for every thing from proms to elections to kickball - it still smells exactly like it did when I went to school there. I walked in and suddenly am hit with memories of kickball and basketball practice and exercising with Mrs. W in 5th grade. For some reason smell is a big trigger of memories for me. Whenever I hug the hubby I like to get my nose in his neck and sniff. For some reason that really seals the memory for me.

I've been taking lots of photos this fall - the leaves have been spectacular! I'll have to get them off the camera and post one or two here. I could seriously fall in love with taking photos if the landscape looked like this all the time. I guess there is stuff to photograph each season, it's just the colors of autmn are inspiring.

No comments: