Monday, September 29, 2008

Fog

Fog Fog Fog Fog - that's what I'm living in - a fog. Why you may ask? Well, my dear friend, it's from the multitude of pills I'm taking to keep the allergies/cold/flu/crud at bay. Currently I'm taking Zyrtek and Muscinex maximum strength (the suckers are horse pills I tells ya!) It wasn't until I squinted at the fine print that I discovered that Zyrtek "may cause drowsiness". Well, in my case, there is no MAY about it!

I've also got a bad case of cabin fever. I want to pack up for a weekend and go camping. For some reason the change from summer to autumn makes me long to sleep in a tent and sit around a campfire roasting marshmellows. It might have something to do with all those "walks" in the woods with my boyfriend whilst in college. The smell of fall makes me rather nostalgic.

I'm looking out the window at work and I'm seeing a hint of color change. My mom and I used to work at
Unicoi State Park and people would come in and ask when the colors would change and really the closest you could get was within a few weeks, but they would want to know the exact day so they could plan to be there. It was ever so tempting to say "The color change is scheduled for October 23rd at 1:30 pm. Please don't be late as the leaves are scheduled to be completely off the trees by November 3rd."

I'll have to look and see if I have any good photos of the fall in my valley. Ed is a pretty good photographer and he usually likes to take pictures of those type of things.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

When October rolls around I'm always ready to go camping too!