So, here I sit with the president on my television. Personally, I don't like to watch the news or listen to the president when he is on. I guess people would say that I have my head in the sand, but I prefer to think of it as not giving in to the negativity of the world. There is so much in this world that is evil and ugly. If I listen to too much of it then my attitude tends to follow. The only fun part of having either the news or the president on my TV is listening to my husband argue back. I know I work for the local government, but that doesn't mean that I am a big fan of politics.
Yeah, I think we are heading into some tough times, but I also think that when the days are the darkest is when we have a greater chance to be a light in the world. We will be forced to rethink what is truly important to us and cut out things that are fun but not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. We will remember what it is to be a community and pull together and take care of each other. We are all in this together.
Does anyone else find it tough to stomach the condition of our economy when you realize just how much money professional athletes and movie/television stars make per year? I bet Oprah doesn't cut coupons. I'm fairly certain that Brett Farve doesn't have to wait for payday to fill up his gas tank. When did the gap between the average person and the rich get to be so large?
No comments:
Post a Comment