Well, tomorrow will be a month since my surgery. What did I learn about myself? Well...
I learned that I am not as big of a baby as I thought I would be with the pain.
I learned that morphine makes everything better!
I learned that when they say you blink and you are waking up in the recovery room is pretty spot on.
I learned that a caring hospital staff makes all the difference in the world.
I learned that it takes a lot to gross out my husband and BFF.
I learned that I could very easily stay at home and not work without going crazy.
I learned that when God is in the room with you, your anxiety fades away and you can almost enjoy the newness of an experience (notice I didn't say enjoy the experience)
I learned that having stitches in your belly button is an odd feeling.
I learned that my husband is fully able to do the dishes and laundry.
I learned that putting clothes on a clothesline before your belly is fully healed - hurts!
I learned that having or not having certain organs in my belly does not make me any more or any less of a woman.
I learned that going 6 weeks without being able to take a bath or be intimate with the hubby is a long time and I'm not sure which one I miss more. Haha! Not true - I do know.
All in all it was an interesting experience. I had to wait a bit while my doctor delivered a baby. I didn't mind - babies don't really understand schedules. I was able to relax and chat and have fun with Eddie, my BFF and my mom and sister while waiting to go in. Once they came and got me - there was maybe 2 minutes to say bye and I was out of there. It was fascinating to see all the stuff in the OR - and that kept my attention while they were getting me ready. I barely had time to take a deep breath of the oxygen and then I was in recovery. The pain has icky at first but after a push or two of the morphine button and I was fine from then on.
My hormones are in a turmoil right now - I find that I am all sorts of weepy. I teared up while watching The Big Bang Theory last night! I've cried when a contestant won the double showcase showdown on The Price Is Right! I could probably cry just sitting here for no reason at all! I would guess that Eddie would prefer the weepies to the bitchies any day.
No comments:
Post a Comment