It's been awhile - but I've gotten a wee bit inspired by my cousins, Dana and Erin, who are doing so well on their blogging. Life has a way of changing fast so this hasn't really been a priority for me. 11 days after my last post my Father-in-law unexpectedly passed away and then the holidays - so I just didn't get much of a chance to keep up with this. I should make a goal of at least once a month to post - that's not too much and it could be easily attainable. We shall see!
Last year I started feeling like I needed to do more for my church and my God. I wasn't really sure what He was asking me to do - I only know I felt drawn to women's ministries. I feel a special place in my heart for women struggling with infertility. Somewhere down the road I feel I will get a chance to minister in that way. I went and talked to my pastor about it and he told me to relax and stop trying to eat the entire elephant at once - instead work on it bite by bite. Study the bible, talk to God and most of all - listen!
Well, I also felt drawn towards learning how to sign to contemporary music as a special gift, so to speak, to the congregation. I find it interesting that my church averages 400 - 500 people on Sunday morning but we almost never have a someone sign while they sing. I talked to several people about it and was told almost every time to go online and watch people do it and learn via the internet. I don't know - that just seemed impersonal and it also seems like if you learn it my watching someone - wouldn't you be backwards when you do it since your tendency would be to mirror the person in the video? Like I said I was wanting to do more for my Father and was really searching out what it was I needed to do.
Spring time comes and I am approached by the head of the Sunday School. They are wanting to change the format of the preschool sunday school to kind of flow that the rest of the classes. Instead of the kids going straight to their rooms, they meet in a central location where they sing together, hear a story together or perhaps play a game together. They they split into their age groups and do their lesson and craft. I was asked to be the leader of the opening session. I'm kind of excited about it, but where did the urge for women's missions come into play? Well, I stepped out on faith and said yes I would love to do this. It isn't all that different from a normal Sunday morning for me, just now I will do it in two rooms.
Here's my point for telling this story. I was sitting in chapel the other day and was just hit out of the blue. I was wanting to do sign language - well, most children's songs have hand motions that I can teach them - remember Deep & Wide? This Little Light of Mine? So it wasn't the way I was thinking, but really isn't God's way much better? Also, I was encouraged by a friend that by loving and teaching the children I had an amazing way to touch the mothers and grandmothers and be able to minister to them through their children!
God is Good - All the Time!
Once I stopped trying to do it my way - it worked out even better.
2 comments:
I just love how God's plan for us works out. Sometimes it's hard to keep hope because we're used to a world where everything is at our fingertips so not knowing what His plan for us holds is sometimes a hard thing to deal with but when His plan slowly folds out for us, it sure is amazing! Love you Katie!
YAY! I didn't even know you had a blog, and now I will be blessed to read it. You are amazing and a woman of faith. I love you!
Post a Comment